Hoppy Halloween!



Hello! I am happy that its soon going to be my favorite time of year, fall! Halloween has always sorta been a big deal around here. We are all a little crazy about it! When I saw this super cute stamp set from Lawn Fawn I had to get it.

I made the background for this card with Distress Inks by Tim Holtz. I am super crazy about distress inks, but you have to not mind getting dirty! I used regular make-up sponges to do some blending. For the green grass I put a post-it down to block the top two thirds of the card and blended mowed lawn distress ink downwards. Then I removed the mask and flipped it around to mask the green (I left a very thin strip of green still visible to blend the sky into so no white would show) I used tumbled glass and then faded jeans and finally black soot. I started off the paper with the black soot so it wouldn't be to heavy or streaky. Also, I should mention I used some water color paper to do this on. I find it works better for me when blending & coloring. I then stamped the star from this set in stazon ink in jet black. I took a wet paint brush and dabbed the middle of the stars with water. I then blotted this with a cloth to remove some of the ink. This allowed me to go back over it with some faded marigold (I used a distress marker this time).

The bunny has a tiny bit of copic coloring in grey just to outline him so he had a bit more dimension. I used C1 - cool grey to outline him. The cloak and pendent are more distress markers as well as the carrot, moon & clouds. I coated his cloak in distress stickles in clear rock candy for a little sparkle. The background paper is Halloween parade by doodle bug! Love this paper, so cute!

Products Used:
 

No comments