A little Koala Xmas - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello Craft Friends, thanks for joining me today for some Pretty Pink Posh inspiration. Who says Koala can't be for Christmas? I was actually inspired to make this card after following the fires in Australia and learning that the Koala habitat has been  hit hard. I have always loved Koalas, even got to hold one as a baby at a zoo program. (Those claws are no joke!) You can read a bit about Koala and the fires here.



So for my card I used Cracked Pistachio distress oxide to blend from dark to light. I splatted that with Gansai Tambi Starry Colors water color in white gold & light gold. I also splatted some of the same color distress ink. I then layered the Storybook 3 Die over top of the background. I heat embossed the Peace and Joy sentiment from Holiday Greetings in gold. 

Lastly I colored my Koala and Leaves with copic markers. The Koala are done in N4, N2 & N0 with a little R11 for the cheeks and inside of the ears. The hat is R29, R27 & R35. Lastly the leaves are G02, G00, G000 with a light all over coating of YG00 to make it more closely match the background color.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments