August - Get Cracking on Christmas

 Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for another installment of Get Cracking on Christmas hosted by Jenn Shurkus. Every month on the 3rd Thursday we are here with fresh inspiration for you! Please check out Jenn's blog for a full list of each months participants. Don't miss Jenn's LIVE on youtube August 27th at 8pm ET. www.youtube.com/jennshurkus where she will have a demo on how she put together her card for this month!   

This months card was a bit out of the box for me, I had this sentiment I wanted to use from Mixed Holiday Greeting by Mama Elephant so I dug through my Mama Elephant stamp stash to see what else I had that could work and came across this older set Pandamonium and thought it was just to cute! For the accessories I used Artic Penguin and the little hat just worked perfectly. I added the little branches from that set to to highlight my message and serve as my mistletoe for my kissing pandas!


For the background I went simple but dramatic with the Rainforest cardstock. I started by inking my edges with distress ink in Black Soot to act as a vignette to my scene and then splattered some soft gold watercolor from my Starry Colors palette by Gansi Tambi. I glued everything down flat to the card base because I send a lot of Christmas Cards and don't want anything getting ruined or bent in the mail. 

No comments