Stitched Leaves Cards

1.  
 2.  
 3.

The cards above all have one thing in common, they all used the stitched leaves dies from Lawn Fawn. I adore the entire new release (can't ya tell?). I got all the fall releases and a few of the winter releases including all the paper.

The leaves in card 1 & 2 I cut out in plain white card stock. Then I took a bunch of my shadow & distress inks and started blending. I would choose 2 inks, one light shade and one darker. I would go around the edges first with the light color blending towards the center. Then I took the darker color around the edges but staying away from the bottom and center of the leaves. Then I took black soot distress ink and very lightly flicked the edges. You can see a very good tutorial that I used in this video from Lawn Fawn. Warning - this is very messy and not recommended if you hate having ink on your fingers!

For the backgrounds on card 2 & 3 I used the wood grain stamp from Lawn Fawn. On card 2 I stamped it out on a light craft colored card stock with antique linen. I then cut it into strips and inked the edges so it looked like a fence. Card 2 & 3 also feature another die from Lawn Fawn stitched journaling card. I think it makes just the perfect layering piece. The last card I chose to do unconventional colors. I happen to love turquoise & teal colors. I first die cut the leaves in turquoise and then lightly inked the edges in black soot distress ink. I did a lot of these because its very easy to go to dark. If I make this card again I may pop a few of the leaves up with foam tape, but I wanted to make this one easy to mail out.


Materials Used:


2 comments

  1. Great tutorial!! I didn't even realize you cut the paper in the second picture into strips!! Looks amazing, I might just have to try that out. I also love the color choice on the third card. Thanks for recommending that video by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am thinking I want to try the fence again in white & silver.

    ReplyDelete