Whale of a Time - Lawnscaping No. 74


So I have like a million ideas for all the cards I wanted to make for this challenge. All the Ladies are just so talented, its hard NOT to be inspired by their creations. :) I'm sure I will do one or two more today.

To start I chose Karin from Peppermint Patty's Papercrafts ; she does all these lovely watercolors and though I'm not one to watercolor very often any more, I did used to do it all the time. Since now I'm into card making, I love using distress paints & inks to water color with. I didn't choose a particular card, just the idea of water colors.

The whale is from Lawn Fawn's critters in the sea. I stamped him on some vellum & colored the other side with broken china. I smeared the ink on my craft sheet & then used a water brush to paint it on. The background I made using some water color paper and all my blue shades of ink/paint. I dabbed each color on my craft sheet & then misted my sheet of paper. Using a paint brush I picked up various shades and just blobbed them on the paper and misted some more. The thing I love about distress paints is how much they move around and run like water colors can. The mixture of the paint which is more opaque and the inks which are more transparent is what gives so much depth to the card. Its really hard to see the the photograph but I also used some perfect pearls mist as well.

Entered In: 

3 comments

  1. Oooo, love the background. It looks like a waterfall! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love distress inks, they are so much fun to play with.

      Delete
  2. Super sweet! Love your coloring on the vellum and your bg is absolutely AMAZING!!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping - and for making me very happy with your kind Words (-:!
    Love, Karin

    ReplyDelete