Did someone say... - Mama Elephant

Hello Crafty Friends! Im here with a totally fun card featuring Mama Elephants new Zodiac Tiger set. The other day my husband texted me, Tacos? while I was cardmaking. So of course it was on my mind. And this set comes with the most adorable tacos! I made a custom sentiment using Whimsy Alphas & Birthday Messages.



So I knew I was going to color my tigers orange so for the background I wanted something that would make them pop. I chose the opposite color on the color wheel for orange which is blue. Blue also happens to be the color of the year. I used a bit of Faded Lilac which I know is purple but it works so well with Blueprint Sketch which is all around the outer edge of the card. I just wanted a center highlight to draw the eye in. I splattered the panel with some perfect pearls mixed with water for some extra sparkle. 


Of course I went completely overboard coloring a whole mess of tigers! I used all my YR markers. The darker ones are YR02, YR02 & YR00. The lighter ones are just YR02, YR00 and colorless blender. I left white tummies on all of them because I think it adds to the chonk factor. I have so many of the Zodiac sets because I am in love with all the little round characters. Any coloring to enhance that is going to be my go to! Taco shells are done with YG24 & YR21. With various single markers for the fillings. Finally the sentiment is die cut from plain white cardstock which stands out nicely against the dark background. And my go to white heat embossing on black for the little additional sentiment. Did someone say Tacos?! hmm... now I am hungry again.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments