So Cheesy! - Mama Elephant

Hello Crafty Friends! I couldnt resist jumping on the cheese card bandwagon. If you know me even a little bit you will know I'm a huge Coffee Drinker & Cheese eater. I take special trips to the state next door, Wisconsin, just to grab my favorite cheeses every month. Right now my favorite is an award winning Cheddar called Vat 17 from Deer Creek. But of course for my card I had to go with a good ol swiss.





I wanted my card base to look like I just cut out a wedge of cheese so I selectively ink blended the background to make it darker on top and then cut to match the blending. Most of the card is done with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey distress oxides. I cut my own circle mask to blend on the "holes" for my mice to sit in. And my favorite way to do a sentiment, white heat embossing on black cardstock. The mice are all copic colored using W3, W1 & W00 with R20 & R11 for the cheeks, ears, noses and tail. I use Y38, Y35 & Y13 for the little cheese the bottom mouse is holding.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments