November - Get Cracking On Christmas

  Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for another installment of Get Cracking on Christmas hosted by Jenn Shurkus. Every month on the 3rd Thursday we are here with fresh inspiration for you! Please check out Jenn's blog for a full list of each months participants. Don't miss Jenn's LIVE on YouTube November 19th at 8pm ET.  www.youtube.com/jennshurkus where she will have a demo on how she put together her card for this month!   


For me this month I have a set of three cards (well actually it was a lot of cards but I'm specifically sharing these three here today) made using the new Lawn Fawn Snowflake Background Stencil! These are super easy to put together, great for those last minute makes or if you have a whole bunch you need to make at once like I did!




First I used distress ink in several of the new colors; Villainous Potion, Salvaged Patina & Kitsch Flamingo. I did a light watercolor wash on the background. To do this I first used a brush to lay down clean clear water in the area I wanted, leaving a boarder of plain paper. Next I dropped in the color and smushed it around with my brush until I was happy. I was careful not to go outside the original edge I had made with the clear water. 

Next I used the stencil and I selectively inked the center portion to make it look as though the snowflakes were falling down the center of each card. I used a bit of stickles in Diamond to coat some of the snowflakes for extra bling. 




For the sentiments I used the Winter Big Scripty Words which has been a long time favorite of mine since it came out back in 2016. Its just so versatile. I stamped these in the same ink to match the background. The purple one I just adhered flat since its great for mailing and I felt it stood out the best from the background. The pink is popped up on foam squares. And lastly the teal one I added some sparkle pen and a layer of Nuvo Crtsyal drops in Morning Dew for that extra dimension. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments