Nutcracking Christmas - RAM

 Hello Crafty Friends! I’m here with a brand new Digi Stamp release from Rachelle Anne Miller, “The Nutcracker Scene Creator”! 

I started with copic coloring the main images. I am sharing the colors I used for each of them. The accessories are using the same combos as well. 


For the background I started with some green cardstock from my stash that matched well with Pine Needles distress oxide. This saves me a bunch of time from having to ink blend a whole panel from scratch. I took that pine needle distress oxide and went around the edges leaving a good portion in the middle untouched. Then I used black soot distress oxide very sparingly around the edges on top. This nicely draws the eye into the middle where our focal point will be. Lastly for the background I added some splatter in Blue Gold Gansai Tambi starry water colors.

As a kid I grew up watching the theater and ballet and my absolute favorite was definitely The Nutcracker. My mom and I still try and go every few years to a performance and it’s always magical. I even have a Mouse King ornament we bought at one of the performances years and years ago. That’s what inspired the color palette for me today. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments