Yippee! A new baby is coming - Lawn Fawn

Hello again friends! Today I have a baby shower card to share. Possibly my second most favorite kind of card to make because I just adore babies (I have another hobby as a Newborn Photographer) and I love sharing the love with new expecting friends. I broke out some of my older Lawn Fawn sets to bring this card together.



I did a simple messy watercolored background here with  regular distress ink in Salty Ocean and a flat bristle brush. Once that was dry I stamped the raindrops from the Hello Sunshine in distress oxide ink also in Salty Ocean. Also, now hidden, I stamped the clouds from the same set. I was unhappy with how that turned out so I got out my Simple Puffy Cloud dies instead.


The Happy Shower sentiment came from the Hello Baby Lawn Fawn stamp set. I love using the mixed fonts. The Happy was white heat embossed with Lawn Fawns white embossing powder which is my go to for sentiments. I didn't feel like it was standing out from the background enough so I used my C1 copic marker to add a drop shadow to the right of each letter. The shower portion was stamped with the same Salty Ocean distress oxide.



I finished the card off with a few simple embelishments. I covered the rain drops in Morning Dew Nuvo crystal drops. A handful of Sparkling Clear sequins in various sizes. I covered the bottom cloud with my Aqua Shimmer glitter gloss pen as well as the edge of the bigger top cloud. Once I added it to the Navy card base I felt like I needed a pop of color to brighten the whole thing up so I added some of the Really Rainbow 6x6 paper pad from Lawn Fawn as an accent.


No comments