Some Buggie - Hello Sweetums

Hello Craft Friends!

I am here today with a card featuring the stamp set Bitty Bugs from Hello Sweetums. Something about seeing the view from the garden from a bugs perspective just really drew me to this set. Did you ever see Honey I shrunk the Kids? There is a scene where they are out in the grass and everything is giant sized and I just adored it. That's where I got my inspiration from today.


I wont fool you here and say the background was easy, it wasn't. It took me a few tries before I was happy with the layout and the blending. And that's ok! Don't be afraid to start fresh if  something didn't turn out.


I started by using masking paper which I cut using landscape dies. I cut two interlocking layers. First I adhered the top part of the mask and blended cracked pistachio distress oxide downwards. Once that dried, I placed the bottom part of the mask to line it up with the top and then I peeled up a smaller section I had cut between the two for the dirt. I blended across the center of the card with  Tea Dye distress oxide and a bit of vintage photo to darken the top. I also splatted on some vintage photo for texture. I replaced the middle mask after it dried and peeled up the top. I very lightly used Spun Sugar distress oxide through a stencil and brought it down from the top edge. Then I used Faded lilac and a cloud stencil to finish off the background.


The images from Bitty Bugs were stamped and die cut from Neenah 110lb cardstock and copic colored. Lastly the sentiment I stamped out on a banner strip. I masked off the middle "Buggie" while I inked up the other words with black ink and stamped. Then I reversed it and covered the other words so I could ink up Buggie with distress Oxide inks. I used Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick to get a bit of an ombre effect.


Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments