Aw, Nuts! - Lawn Fawnatics Entry for #86

 Happy Sunday my crafty friends! I just snuck this entry for the new Lawn Fawnatics Halloween/Fall challenge in under the wire!  I didn't think Id make it to be honest. Its raining and icky out today and my lighting wasn't ideal. I try and use natural light when possible. 



I went with the fall side of this inspiration. I really wanted to use the new set Let's Go Nuts and was eager to make yet another slimline card. Seriously if you haven't made a slimline card yet, I highly recommend it! I love this unique size so much. 




For my background I tried to use a cloud stencil in a new way. I blended on my inks to make it look like fall leaves in the trees! I really hope that comes across as I wanted my squirrels looking like they were having a party high up in the treetops! For the branches I got out an older set, Joy to the Woods and used the trees as my branches. I love how there ends up being so much variety of widths. I also used the one leaf from Big Acorn too. 

Distress Oxide Inks: Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey & Fossilized Amber.


I again used my Copic markers to color in my sweet little images. I wanted a more neutral palette for the squirrels against those bright orange and yellows. I chose to use the warm greys. And the little brown acorns I did with the grey side of the browns as well. For the leaves I choose in colors closer to the background as accents. 

Copic Colors: W5, W3, W1; E44, E43, E40; Y38, Y35; YR21, YR31, YR30

That's everything! Thank you so much for stopping by!





3 comments

  1. this is another amazing card! LOVE those soft oranges and yellows! WOW!! and the squirrels are the CUTEST!!!! eeeeep!! adorable! thank you SO much for playing along with the Fall/Halloween challenge with Lawn Fawnatics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam! I just adore the squirrels so much.

      Delete