Birthday Lion - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello Crafty Friends! Who is always running out of birthday cards?! You betcha. I never can have enough on hand. I was super excited for all the birthday stuff in this release to get my birthday card stash built back up. I used the new Party Friends stamp set & Happy Birthday to You script die along with the older Hibiscus Flowers stamp set.


I built this card from the background up. I picked my distress oxide in colors Ripe Persimmons over Dried Marigold. I started with a base of dried marigold about halfway down the card. Then  I layered over the Ripe Persimmons over the top quarter or so of the panel for that nice ombre effect. I die cut the sentiment four times out of white cardstock and layered them together for nice dimension.


I just adore this little lion and had to give him his very own card. I tried for a jungle feel for this. I think my son will love it. I used the large leaf image from the Hibiscus flower set for the background images. For the lions gift box I tried to match my copic colors to my background colors. This is where having a copic coloring chart (I personally recommend Sandy's Copic Hex Chart) comes in handy. The Ribbon is YR07, YR04 & YR02. The box is YR02 & YR00. I did a bit of color layering by giving the ribon a once over with the YR00 to bring a little bit of the peachy color back. The YR07 is very orange. For the Lion I used E55, E53 & E50 on the face and body and his mane is E29, E27 & E25. Leaves are BG78, BG75 & BG72 as well as G05, G02 &G00.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments