Get Cracking on Christmas - with Jenn Shurkus

Hello Crafty Peeps! Thanks for joining me on another edition of Get Cracking on Christmas!


My good friend Jenn Shurkus (Shurkus.com) has been doing the Get Cracking series for several years. Each month on the third Thursday she will be posting new inspiration and hopefully encourage you to get Cracking on Christmas!

If you want to participate (and there is a prize!) head over here to the link up! Or use the hashtag #getcrackingonchristmas on Instagram to participate.

Today's card is a slimline, mostly because I'm now obsessed with this style! I used several Lawn Fawn sets in this card including my favorite snowman!



I started this card with the background. I die cut the panel using a slimline die and some Neenah cardstock. I cut a second panel using the same die that I used to cut my boarders from so they would have the stitching around the edges too. The background started with a layer of distress oxide in Shaded Lilac. Over that I brought in blueprint sketch to make my favorite indigo color. At the very edge I added a bit of wilted violet. I then splattered the whole thing with liquid stardust. The greeting I added with some white embossing. I always use the Lawn Fawn white embossing powder for all my embossing because its so smooth but still can handle the smaller detailed sentiments too.

I used copics to color my images; blues in B69, B66 & B63, Greys: N8, N6, N4 & N0, Teals BG13, BG10 & BG0000, Dark Teal in BG78, BG75 & BG 72 Greens G85 & G82 Lgt Greens G17 & G12.

I added sparkle using some the jellyroll sparkle pen to the presents, the snow on the houses and the tops of the mountains. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!



1 comment

  1. Your adorable village on the hill is the cutest thing seen in a long time. LUV.

    ReplyDelete