Missing You - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello Crafty Friends! In my bid to get ahead the other day I made a whole bunch of ink blended backgrounds. Because inkblending was going so well that day I decided to do a few more involved ones. 




For this one I used masking and with masking taped off the bottom of the card. I proceeded to ink blend with a light tumbled glass for the sky. To get a lighter application I chose a large brush and started on the tape moving slowly into the card stock and fading the color so it was darkest near the horizon. I then dried that with a heat gun so I could mask off the sky without trying to get the tape to stick to wet ink. For the pond I wanted something kind of murky looking. I started with a base of peacock feathers and then around the outside edge I used some evergreen bough to tone it down.



For copics I went way outside my normal greens and reached for my dark BG colors for this card featuring the frogs from the Pond Friends stamp set. BG78, BG75, BG72 for the big frog and for the little one I used BG75 as my darkest and added BG70 for my lightest. the lily pads and cat tails were done with BG99, BG96 & BG93. Tops of the cat tails were E44, E43 & E40. The little lily flower was RV11, RV10 and RV00.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments